Kentucky Renewal for April 1, 2022 NOW AVAILABLE
February 22, 2022
NEW FOR 2022 – THE KENTUCKY REAL ESTATE COMMISSION HAS MOVED TO A TWO-YEAR INSURANCE POLICY
For the policy period to match the licensing period, the Kentucky Real Estate Commission has moved to a two-year group insurance policy. Your premium – only $232 plus surcharge and taxes – provides two years of coverage. This will help licensees maintain continuous compliance, even in years between license renewals.
The KREC discontinued processing the Kentucky Group Program on their website on November 17, 2017. Policies will now be purchased directly through RISC.
Please follow the steps below when updating your E&O policy.
- Each licensee purchases E&O online through RISC. Enroll or Renew
- Enrollment in the state program is ONLY available for purchase online using a Visa or MasterCard. If for some reason you are unable to purchase online, please contact RISC at 1-800-637-7319 Option 1. Please Note that if you have not purchased insurance through RISC since November 17, 2017 you DO NOT have a login. For help enrolling online, click Here.
- RISC will automatically send KREC the information digitally. (Please allow up to 24 hrs.)
- Once KREC receives the data from RISC, they will send the licensee an email, asking them to pay the $10 fee.
- Licensee logs onto their KREC online services account, selects miscellaneous fee, and follows the prompts until the transaction is complete.
The licensee SHOULD NOT upload the policy or pay the $10 fee until they receive that email from KREC prompting them to do so. If their online services account asks them to enter the policy information, they’ve selected the wrong thing. The $10 fee should be paid under the miscellaneous fee selection on the main menu.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-637-7319 Option 1. We always look forward to hearing from our Kentucky Licensees!